...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Ballerina


"I'm a ballerina!  Look at me in my toe shoes!"

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Halloween if we're being honest, as shown by my waiting until the 31st to actually go out and buy Ava some 'toe shoes' and a matching tutu per her request.  But, I can say it was a delight to watch this sweet thing practice her twirls and plies, balance on her toes and talk endlessly about her ballerina tights and sparkles.  She loved watching herself in the mirror and being a real ballerina for the night (as evidenced by her patience in smiling for at least 30 photos of her standing in the living room).





After visiting five or six of our closest neighbors (where she tried to hand them back her candy), Ava loved sitting and admiring her loot and then jumping up at every knock to go hand out treats.  Despite my reluctance to celebrate, the night was a success and Ava loved her first real memorable taste of the traditions!


No comments: