...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Grayson: 7 Months


He's growing and changing!  I remember loving this age with Ava and the second time around did not disappoint.  Grayson has become, dare I say, quite the easy baby.  He is a charmer, a laid back, happy and smiley boy who loves people, activity, being startled and bouncing around wildly.


A few days ago we started him on solids and he surprisingly isn't a huge fan!  He is constantly grabbing at my food and practicing chewing and licking but hasn't enjoyed the taste or texture of rice cereal or squash.

That said, he looooves his high chair and being a part of the action.


He's nursing better these days, thankfully.  Though he is still an ultra-fast eater and I have to work to get him to finish, he will at least now let me hold him in a cradle position again and is less easily distracted.


Though he's still not sitting unattended, he is a champion spinner and scoocher!  I've witnessed him with both knees tucked under his belly and am fully imagining him crawling before he sits up on his own.



Grayson isn't the consistent sleeper that Ava was but I might prefer his method.  He is napping three times a day, usually once for almost three hours, the second for 1 1/2 - 2 hours and the third for closer to 30-45 minutes.  However, if we go out during nap time he remains pleasant and is pretty good about making up that nap with a longer one later in the day.  He is a delight and has been such a champ through all of our travels.

Still swaddled, still with the pacifier.

Wearing 9 month clothes and some 12 months, size 3 diapers.


 Before leaving for Arizona I attempted to shift his schedule so the time change wouldn't hit us (me) like a ton of bricks.  I successfully inched his morning feeding from 7am to 8:30am, but then he started sleeping through the night and thus waking at 6:30am again as his body wished.  After a week of that I decided to feed him during the night again--backwards, I know, but it allowed me more control over his schedule and wake up time during the move.  I again got him waking around 8am before we left last Friday.  Each day after our arrival he woke later than the day before and this morning both kids woke at 7:15am (10:15am east coast time)!

More to come on the details of our move but he has adjusted beautifully and is enjoying our new home.  He loves watching his sister bounce off the walls, entertains himself well and is an absolute joy.

1 comment:

Erin and Jonathan said...

He is sooooooooooooo cute!! I just love him and his precious little face!!

Way to go on the adjusting of schedules!! You're one smart momma!

So great to hear things are going so well. We love you!

<3 Erin, Jon, Ru, Bray, & Baby S