...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Friday, February 6, 2009

Here are some recent pictures of our nursery!  It is still in progress but finally we've finished painting and decorating the wall with butterflies.  I exercised my long-lost creativity by drawing and cutting out all those butterflies & making the mobile/chandelier above the crib.  I miss having art projects to work on so that was a lot of fun for me, especially knowing it's for my little girl!  We will post more pictures once the room is all put together.

Status of baby Drake: She is growing steadily and I'm definitely feeling more cumbersome these days.  But, thankfully she is pretty easy on me, she doesn't kick me too hard and is generally pretty quiet (though she's gotten more active in the last two weeks or so).  We just had our 34 week appointment and all is well!  I think we are both a little stunned that her due date is in only 6 short weeks, but we cannot wait to meet her, hold her in our arms and get to know her!

7 comments:

melanie said...

what an breathtaking mobile! you are an amazing artist. looking forward to seeing your updates!!

Leila said...

Erm. Will you make me a mobile to hang above my bed.........? I know I am not really as deserving as your little one, but it's completely incredible! I love the blog! xoxo

Maryn Forney said...

the room looks amazing!!! i like that you have a blog now : )

J.E. Stube said...

We love you guys! I can't believe your little one is coming so soon!

Alexis Szymanski said...

Hi Drakes!
This was an excellent idea. I'm so glad you set it up. Say hello to baby Drake. What a lucky girl to have so many people excited to meet her!
-Alexis (& John)

Alexis Szymanski said...

Hey Drakes,
Thanks for setting this up! It will be wonderful to stay up to date about baby Drake and her totally rad parents.
Love!
-Alexis (& John)

Erin and Jonathan said...

We are so excited for you!! I can't wait until your little girl arrives! Looking forward to some play dates with our little ones! <3