...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Sunday, March 15, 2009


Ava Grace Drake
 3/15/09  4:37pm
8 lb. 14 oz., 21 inches



Kathryn and I were totally unprepared for the awe we felt after meeting our daughter today.  Ava is a whopping 8 lb, 14 oz., 21 inches, and Kathryn is officially my hero!  No one expected the baby to be that big.  Labor started at 2:30am on Sunday morning and 14 hours later, she delivered at 4:37pm (pushed for only 30 min).  Kathryn is recovering well and Ava is healthy... and I'm about to try my first diaper change.  We can't wait for you all to meet her!   Many more picture to come!

Blair

11 comments:

Matt said...

Congratulations!!!!! :O)

Layne Julia said...

Yes - Congratulations!!!! (from Tucson)

Meredith said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!!

Charlotte said...

I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to come visit!
♥ Aunt Charlotte

melanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! praise God for a safe arrival and a sweet baby girl to love.

Erica said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys.

Erin and Jonathan said...

Kat & Blair-- Congratulations you two! What a beautiful baby girl! Jonathan and I are so excited for you guys. Love you three and looking forward to meeting Ava!

Kat-- you baked little Ava very well! All that time being pregnant and now you're a mommy! I bet pregnancy is already starting to become a blur!! :) She's BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to see and talk to you!

Love you so much! Congrats!

Jonathan, Erin, & Ruthie

Alexis Szymanski said...

Blair and Kat,

Great work my friends. She is a little masterpiece.

J.E. Stube said...

Ava is beautiful! I'm so thrilled for you guys. Blair, you're a dad! I'm a dad! We're dads! Isn't this nuts? Isn't this awesome?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, guys -- we're thrilled for you two. Beautiful baby.

Geoff & Angie Cornish

pmack said...

What a beautiful baby girl!! Steph and I are so happy for you guys. Congratulations and I know God is blessing you with a super abundance of joy and love.

love,
Phil, Steph, Jonathan, and the baby(in utero:))