...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nurse Ava


Yesterday Ava and I were playing hide and go seek. During a particularly precarious "hide", I managed to cut myself on the faucet in the shower. Ava watched me apply Neosporin to the wound--uncap, swipe the ointment with my finger and delicately tend to my scratch.

Fast forward about two hours. I was unpacking a few things and handed Ava a box of unopened toothpaste to hold while I went about my business. I put away the other boxes of toothpaste and made my way into the kitchen. A minute later, Ava comes in saying, "Ducky? Ducky?", finds her Ducky on the kitchen floor and then disappears again into the living room. I didn't think much of it until I heard an unusual noise coming from Ava. I followed her into the living room to find Ducky splayed on the couch, the toothpaste box opened, cap flipped, toothpaste all over Ava's index finger and a delicate glob on Ducky.

My initial, "Ooh, no no" (after I saw the look of horror and disappointment on my daughter's face) was quickly replaced with, "Ava, were you putting ointment on Ducky's boo boo?" To which she replied proudly, "Yeah!"

Unfortunately what followed was a re-capping of the toothpaste-ointment and a few minutes of sobbing from nurse Ava who's supplies had been seized. Thankfully, Ducky came out of the ordeal only slightly stickier and smelling fresh, and mommy got another reminder of how smart and caring her little girl is.

2 comments:

Maryn Forney said...

ahh! so cute!

Erin and Jonathan said...

Ava Grace- you are the cutest little girl in the whole wide world. <3 You brightened my day!! Love this story!!