...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Friday, February 17, 2012

Nursery #2

I've been surprisingly more relaxed about decorating our second nursery and wanted to create something fairly neutral since it is also our guest room.  When I went on bed rest I let go of my desire to have the room completed before baby boy arrived, but have been blessed with so much help getting it painted and well-stocked.  Though we have yet to hang art or add any of the decorative elements, I wanted to share a sneak peek of the progress so far.

Stripes on the walls courtesy of my stepdad, Rick.  He painted these the day we went to the hospital in false labor!  Though we didn't come home with a baby, it was a wonderful sight to come home to a room much closer to resembling a nursery.

 The closet color is Tidewater by Martha Stewart at Home Depot.

The fixed roman shade I made in my favorite taupe Suzani fabric.  I followed this tutorial from one of my favorite bloggers, Centsational Girl.

I by no means would call myself a successful shopper, especially when it comes to bargain finds.  But, this elephant was a great find at TJ Maxx this winter (pre-bed rest) and a perfect compliment to the eventual theme of the room.  During the same trip I also found a sweet mini-globe in robins egg blue!

Seeing this all come together has gotten me excited for the days when I can shop the aisles again and fulfill my plans for this room.  Soon to come: a faux sheepskin accent rug, a large map print for above the guest bed, baby's monogram above the crib (once he has a name of course), and some coordinating pillows for the guest bed.  I'm thinking a little aqua chevron, gray zebra print...  for now I dream.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I know this is an older post, but would you happen to know the color that was used for the stripes in the nursery? I'm also interested in finding out the color that you used in your bedroom as well.

The Drakes said...

Hi Beverly,

Unfortunately we have moved and in the process I threw out all my old paint. I have a folder of paint chips but apparently didn't label the newest ones well. I *think* the nursery stripes were Olympic-- Quill (D16-2). I don't remember what color we landed on for our Master bedroom, we tried five or six and I didn't save the paint chip. It was a slightly grayer and bluer version of the nursery color. Sorry I can't be more helpful! I was very sick, exhausted and pregnant at the time of these painting projects!

Unknown said...

thanks!