...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Update On The Fussy Man

Here is my darling Grayson.


And here he is approximately 2 seconds later.


I wish I could say we were getting somewhere with his fussiness and acid reflux but that unfortunately isn't true.  And actually I might say the opposite is more accurate.  In the last two weeks Grayson has had very few good days and is now exclusively sleeping in either the swing or propped up on a Boppy pillow in his elevated crib.  With this change he is still waking shortly thereafter and is unable to get himself back to sleep, even while being held.  The poor little thing arches his back so much he won't relax in any position and remains that way until it is time to eat again.  Of course there are exceptions to this but this is the norm and he is sleeping far less than he needs.

Last night we finally received the call that his Prevacid prescription was approved by the insurance company and he got his first dose before bed.  The doctor said it can take up to 2 weeks before we see any real improvement but I am banking on it being sooner!  My poor man is miserable and we are exhausted.

I cannot wait to see if this medication change is the relief we've been waiting for.  I anxiously await the day when Grayson can spend most of his day sleeping, not scream when he's done eating, or burping or spitting up or supposed to be sleeping, and when we can again get into a routine of crib sleep and sharpening his self-soothing skills.  Of course I am also looking forward to the day when he will sleep through the night!  We are both yearning for it, I know.  He has twice done a 6 hour stretch but in general is sticking to two 4-hour stretches or something close.  And my goodness I long to see more of those precious smiles.  Be still my heart.

No comments: