...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Luxury

Anyone who has been to my home knows I love everything to do with home decor. When Blair and I got married I splurged on a few throw pillows from Pier One that have shaped our living room over the years and their muted aqua floral pattern has withstood my ever-changing style. Sadly, after many naps on the couch, visitors and toddler play, they have seen better days. I have been on a search for nearly a year, for a fabric to replace my beloved pillows at a reasonable price. If you're willing to spend 70.00+ a yard, there are a few options out there, but alas, my budget is a wee bit smaller. After this long and patient search, I at last have found a mix of fabrics that meet my high standards and reflect my style perfectly. They also accomplish my desire of adding another color into the living room mix--light gray. Here are photos of two of the fabrics I chose.



Now on to the luxury part of this post. I stumbled across these amazing throws in a small shop called COCOCOZY. Her patterns are to die for and she has an eye for the same colors that I love! Tranquil, muted and monotoned aqua, gray and neutral. At 265.00 a blanket I won't be purchasing these ever, but if only I could. I love them!



Here are some more of my design inspirations at the moment, propelling me toward a someday quasi-completed living room.



2 comments:

lauren said...

Those are all my current inspirations as well. You are so patient and good to wait so long to find exactly what you are looking for. I tend to get anxious and settle. I love the fabrics!

Erin and Jonathan said...

I love your eye!! I can't wait until I can pay you to come decorate my living room :)

So those pillows... I feel like my hubby may be to blame.. he does love to nap! Soon it will be the couch :) Which btw... when you are ready to part.. :) :) :)