...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Monday, April 18, 2011

Potty Training Boot Camp Day #3

Today was again an overall success, though we had a couple of setbacks.  In the morning we went out of the house for a short while and Ava kept her panties dry for a total of an hour and a half which was very encouraging.  She went on the potty when we got home and then proceeded to keep dry for another hour while we played outside.  I was of course elated and thought I must have the best potty-trainee around.

Then I was reminded that I do in fact also have a stubborn two-year-old.  Both yesterday and today Ava has refused to go on the potty before lunch and then had an accident in her high chair--today we had two accidents back to back after she assured me that the first pair of wet panties meant her bladder was empty.  I was discouraged but I also know that at that time of day Ava is getting tired and therefore more lazy (and stubborn) with this new habit.  She will sit on the potty before lunch but won't go so I may have to change my approach for tomorrow.  She has the ability to hold it as we've seen but for some reason the confines of the high chair will her to wet her undies.

That said, the afternoon and evening were again a huge success, Ava initiating all of her times on the potty and having no accidents.  Hurray!  My overall impression of the Boot Camp style of potty training is a highly regarded one thus far.  For us the cold-turkey method: removing the option of diapers and remaining consistent with expectations, has been extremely successful and rewarding!

No comments: