...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer (free) Time and a Trip to Mimi and Pappy's

I am a little shocked at the length of time between posts here on our blog, especially since it is one of my favorite things to do!  I thought that once my husbands schedule eased up a bit in the summer I'd actually get some (gasp) "alone" time and maybe more time for things like this.  However, the opposite has been true!  Since Blair's had more time off this summer we've gotten swallowed up by house projects (this is in general a good thing) and I've been spending every moment that Ava is sleeping doing some manner of painting or gardening.  This has left you, our faithful readers, longing I'm sure for some recent photos of our sweet toddler and her activities.

To quench your thirst for cuteness, here are some photos of our trip up to my mom's a couple of weeks ago.  Mimi and Pappy's house is, for a two-year-old, the perfect no-cost vacation.  A huge, old house brimming with nooks and crannies just begging to be explored, gardens full of new flowers and bird feeders, a waterfall and pond with fish to feed and croaking frogs, and of course the big dog and elusive kitty that lie in wait for the toddler pounce.





 Eating a picnic after our hike


 Feeding the fishies their breakfast


Picking strawberries for our breakfast
(and eating most of them) 

Sitting by her baby pool


 Playing Mimi's Piano


Taking a breather during her first hike! 





Throwing rocks and wading in the creek 


Looking for fish/frogs/bugs with Daddy


With no 'before' pictures, our house projects are less than exciting to write about.  But, we have finished repainting our basement and carving out a spot for our new garden out front.  I can't wait to show off the 'after' pictures and complete our other to-do's like painting furniture and planting flowers.  I love being productive which makes me LOVE summer!

No comments: