...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Friday, September 23, 2011

Ava's Journal



The last few days Ava has taken to a new delight--writing letters and words and stories on lined paper.  With a ball point pen.  Like a six year old.


In the mornings she has picked up on my quiet time, where I sit at the table with my coffee and my Bible and journal.  She has adopted the Bible I had when I was a child, and a few days ago asked if she could have a journal too.  Since then she writes everything she can think of and then runs to show me what she's done.  The markings she makes are really quite adorable, a stark contrast to the long lines and circles that used to frequent her pages.  She notates these little tiny "letters" and whenever she is remotely close to the triangle of an "A" or the lines of an "F" she squeals in excitement and pride at what she's done.


I love watching my baby girl lie on her belly with her brow furrowed and her lips pursed off to the side in concentration.  As I sit here eating chocolate cake in the middle of the day (the baby needs it) and prepare for life with an infant again, I can't believe how much my just-barely-toddler is now becoming a little girl.