...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Saturday, March 6, 2010

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

An update on the walking: Ava is still excited about walking but now only while holding a hand or occasionally taking one step on her own. I think her unassisted steps are mostly by accident when she really wants something and makes a move toward it! She was so confident the other night that I expected her to be walking on her own within a few days but she has been consistent with her personality: cautious and patient until she knows she can do it well. More and more often these last few days though she has fussed when I walk away and tell her to follow me. When she doesn't come I will go over and offer my hand--up she stands and walks happily with help. She is often more interested in walking than crawling but we'll have to wait a little bit longer for those cute little legs to start running!

No comments: