...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Monday, March 29, 2010

Smooches


This afternoon was one of the most fun I've had with Ava all year! She is teething, so this last month or so she has been fussier than usual, clingy and not napping well. Today I discovered the lifesaver that is Motrin (as opposed to tylenol which has been useless), Ava slept for 2+ hours in the afternoon and awoke a totally different girl! I literally was shocked, I've never seen her more happy, independent and doing so many new things in one day.

While I was cleaning up after her dinner, Ava was playing by herself in the living room and literally making herself giggle! She's a happy girl but that has never happened. She was "talking" to her daddy on her phone and then I went to check on her again and she was doing somersaults with her ducky (which looks more like rolling) and sucking her thumb. When she'd see me peek in at her she would normally cry and come cling to my leg but instead she just giggled and went back to playing.

When I went in to play, I laid down on the floor and she came over and started climbing all over me, laughing, doing her somersaults onto me and leaning in to give me kisses! As seen in the above picture, that is her new thing, she loves to give kisses and is for the first time giving real ones on the lips or wherever she can reach. It is so adorable! I loved snuggling and rolling around with my giggling little girl, I truly don't think I've ever seen her in such high spirits. Thank you Motrin!

Other recent news: Unless I have a weak moment tomorrow night, tonight was my last time breastfeeding Ava. I am very sad, I will miss it a lot, but am so proud that we made it past a year with her still breastfeeding well, and ended on a great note. I will miss that closeness, the built-in quiet time with her and seeing her so quickly comforted, satisfied and relaxed. But, I know this will open a door to new things in the future, more freedom for both of us and new ways to express that mommy-daughter connection. I am so attached to her still, I think this will be good for both of us as she learns to express her independence more and I learn to let her. It's hard but good... I'm afraid this is the first of many "letting go" moments in my future and I'm not looking forward to them! One day at a time...

We also had Ava's 12 month well baby appointment last Friday and got her height and weight. She is 21 lbs 5.6 oz which is the 56% and the nurse measured her at 31 inches long which was totally wrong! That would have been a huge jump and put her in the 99% for height. We measured her at home and got 28 3/4 inches so we're sticking to that! She also officially is in size 18 months clothes now and I think size 4 shoes though we're still trying to feel that one out as we enter into shoe territory. I can't wait for more warm days as we've bought her tons of cute summer clothes and all her winter stuff is too small!

No comments: