...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We Have a Walking Baby!



Yes, we have a walker! Today Ava took her first real unassisted steps and many semi-assisted ones. Linda (who is living with us for a few months) had her friend over and they were cooking in the kitchen when Ava and I joined them. Ava loved Veronica's pajama pants and kept pointing to the frogs on them. Then, without warning, she got up and took one or two steps toward Veronica and then grabbed one of my hands and took about ten more fast steps across the room. I screamed to Linda, "Um, she's walking!!" and we couldn't believe it! I picked Ava up and gave her lots of kisses and then tried to sit her back down on the floor but she wouldn't sit and just started walking again, all over the room! She wanted to do it mostly while holding at least one of my hands but I am confident in a day or two she'll be running around on her own. She was very excited and proud of herself but unfortunately this was about five minutes before bedtime. After about the fifth time that I sat her down across the room and then called her to me she just started to cry and wanted to be picked up and put to bed! Ok... shows over mom. I'm hoping she wakes up with the same excitement and we can catch the little steps on video tomorrow!

No comments: