...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gender Reveal Party

I've started this post four times now, unsure of how to capture how truly special last night was for our family.  The anticipation made finding out the gender of our baby that much more exciting and nerve-wrecking and we relished the opportunity to share such an intimate moment with our close family and friends.

My friend Erin not only hosted this event but she attended to every detail: favors, decorations, a table of foods I've been craving, and a custom cake baked blue or pink inside for the big reveal.  She made sure to capture every moment on camera, including when she opened the envelope (in private) revealing the gender, and sent us home with a mountain of goodies.  This happening would not have been what it was without her!  There are few things more special than having a dear friend make a big fuss over something that is important to you and man, I felt fussed over and blessed.  Thank you Erin for making this reveal such an exceptional time!

We arrived, excited of course, and were so thankful to see so many loved ones there to celebrate with us.  Then it was time to cut the cake as a family of three...



It's a...


 BOY!



Ava said, "It's blue! I'm going to have a baby brother!"


Overwhelmed.

I have thought known this baby was a boy since very early on, and thought I was completely prepared for the confirmation.  However, I was not!  If we're being honest here on this blog of mine, I was a little in shock and overwhelmed with thoughts of, 'Wait, an actual boy?  What does it feel like to love and bond with a baby boy?  Will I know how to care for a potentially rambunctious boy like I do my sweet girl?'  But, I am also flooded with a warmth and undeniable love for this little kicker of ours.  I can't let go of the picture of his precious face that I got to see on the ultrasound screen and am growing more and more excited as the realizations mount of what this will mean for our little family.  What an epic adventure parenthood is turning out to be and we are so thrilled to watch God's design for our family unfold before us!

Dirt, mud, trucks and blue, we are ready for you!


No comments: