...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkins and Bunnies

Last weekend Ava and I went to Way Fruit Farm with the Stubes in search of pumpkins and a little fall spirit.  Ava was wary of the tractor ride that was required in order to reach the actual patch of pumpkins, but alas she clung to mommy and did great.  Once there, Ava dove fearlessly into the muddy search but every time I found a pumpkin small enough that I could carry it, she said, "No, I don't want that one".  After I trucked around one that I'd picked for her, she let me know that she didn't want to take one home at all!  She was just there for the adventure apparently so we continued getting our shoes muddy and came home pumpkin-less but enjoyed every minute.

 Here's our token photo with the pumpkin we left behind!



 The unforeseen highlight of the morning was the "petting zoo" which I had pictured as your usual dirty, sheep-and-goat-petting type zoo.  What we found was a little pen full of baby bunnies!  Before I could get out the words, "Ava, are you okay to go in by yourse---" she was in the gate and stalking bunnies like you've never seen.  I was shocked and somehow so proud, my daughter who is usually the last one to let go of mom's hand in public didn't hesitate for a moment.  When we got home she came right in and told Daddy all about it and kept saying to me, "I looooove bunnies mommy, I really do.  Can I have a bunny at my house?"

Trying so hard to pick up this wiggly older bunny


So gentle!


Settled for a snuggle with the wiggly one.


Finally got to hold a quieter baby bunny.  So proud of herself!

All in all it was a perfect fall morning and the weather could not have cooperated more.  I'm so thankful for these fun times with my daughter while it's just mommy+1!

Meanwhile, maybe it was the sunshine we had last week but Ava has started sleeping much better recently and I'm so thankful.  She occasionally will sleep in a little in the morning if she has a rough night or takes longer to fall asleep, and her naps have been consistently 2 hours or more when she's been healthy.  What a difference it makes in her demeanor!  She is currently suffering through her second ear infection in two weeks but has been quite the trooper.  We've started a multi-vitamin and vitamin D supplement to hopefully bolster her immune system for the rest of the season... we shall see.

No comments: