...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

She Says



Ava: (telling us a story) "One day, Curious George got out of bed.  And all of a sudden!  There was a terrible alligator.  The end."


While I was putting on her socks and shoes:
Ava: "Mommy, I'm ready for shuntin'!"
Me: "You're ready for what?"
Ava: "Shuntin'! You know, like shunting trucks and hauling freight!"  (the theme song from Thomas)


I went and met Ava at her door after her nap...
Ava: "Mom, what were you doing out there?"
Me: "I was on the computer."
Ava: "Well... that's not polite. I called for you."
Me: "Yes, but you called from the door, you're supposed to call for me from your bed. You got out of your bed."
Ava: (with a smirk) "What?! You can't be serious!"



"Mommy, do you ever EVER mow the lawn?"


I asked Ava who her best friend was. She said Ducky. I clarified, "Who is your best person friend?" and she thought for a whole minute before saying, "Brayden! He's snuggly!"


At my OB doctor's appointment, just before hearing the heartbeat, the doctor said to Ava,  "Does your mommy have a baby in her belly?" to which she replied, "Yeah, and I have Jesus right here in my heart!"

No comments: