...give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done... isaiah 12:4

....................................................................................................................................

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall

This afternoon I found out two things I wouldn't have guessed to be so. One, Ava still fits pretty well in her winter coat from last year even though it's a size 12mos and she is in size 24mos (though, I suppose this isn't a total shock if you look at how big it was on her last year). This is a huge deal as I've been oscillating between whether to spend the money on a snow suit, or just a warm jacket, or a one-piece snow-playing contraption that would be very convenient but not double as a coat. So many decisions for a thrifty family. At least now I know I can put off that decision until the first snow and see if Ava even likes making Frosty-the-snowmans before I spend $30 on snow pants.

(Ava in her coat today)


(Ava in the same coat last winter)

The second thing I found out today is that my little toddler can play in the leaves! It never occurred to me that she'd be old enough to do such an old kid thing but she is. And she loved it. I raked a small pile and she swung her arms up in reckless abandon and flopped right on in.



Double successes today
!

No comments: